Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Fundraising adjustments for the film

 If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats. ~ Howard H. Aiken


I used this quote to keep me inspired once. Just wanted to post it because it reminds me of remaining value during times of challenge (and Glo has hit some along the way). But it is a reminder that stigma really exist as it has charged more responses than one would have expected, plus there is unexpected stigma rearing it's head in forms and actions no one could have imagined.


I believe this is no reason to back down from a difficult angle or subject. We live in difficult times, and sure we can serve up total entertainment, but if a film doesn't have a reason for existing besides eating popcorn, people sometimes actually get annoyed. I believe people want their films to illuminate something. No they don't want a loud thumping "message," in narrative but they still want one.


So I don't think backing down is the issue - however I am aware that this film like anything else I decide to tackle, 
won't be without the 'Why would you stir this up,' and  that the decision to fund should not enter the hands of those who get angry by transgender anything or LGBT anything. After the film is made, controversies can draw attention to it, during the funding, it stalls it.


So our planning and deadlines around fundraising have changed to deal with - what we've learned.


Written by the director, Tanyeno Wotorson



No comments:

Post a Comment